In 1999, JESNA co-created a series of guidebooks for Jewish education leaders called Israel in Our Lives. Each guidebook in the series is intended for a different setting in North American Jewish education, from early childhood education, to Central Agencies, to camping, adult education, and more. JESNA is thrilled to share the good news that this series is now freely available for download in the Sosland Online Resource Center. JESNA invites you to explore and share these resources with your colleagues and constituents.
The goal of these guides is to:
- help introduce the idea of Israel into the lives of your constituents in an interesting and accessible manner;
- suggest ways to help promote the idea of a visit to Israel - the Israel Experience - as a critical Jewish experience for every young Jew.
The titles in the "Israel in Our Lives" series:
- Teaching Israel: Basic Issues and Philosophical Guidelines
- Israel Education Through Encounters with Israelis
- Israel in Adult Education
- Israel in Bureaus of Jewish Education
- Israel in Jewish Community Centers
- Israel in Jewish Day Schools
- Israel in Jewish Early Childhood Education
- Israel in Jewish Summer Camps
- Israel in the Synagogue