Source: MOFET JTEC Online Academy
has opened registration for the Fall, 2011 semester of online courses whose main objective is to prepare teachers, educators and leaders in Jewish communities in the Diaspora for their mission. The courses, in areas that are suitable for educators and leaders in the Jewish world as well as students in universities and colleges in the fields of the didactics and pedagogy of teaching Jewish subjects in the Diaspora, are taught via the internet, a-synchronously with synchronous components. The course developers and lecturers are all experts in their fields and senior staff members of Israel's top institutes of higher education.
For the up-coming semester (October, 2011) the online academy offers 19 courses in 4 different programs. Among the courses offered:
- Theory and Practice in Teaching Hebrew in the Diaspora (Hebrew) - Dr. Luba Charlap
- The Internet and Multimedia as Tools for Developing Oral and Written Expression (Hebrew) – Mr. Ram Steiner
- Teaching Selected Works of Hebrew Literature as Part of a Foreign-Language Curriculum (Hebrew) - Dr. Nurit Nethanel
- Workshop for Teaching Hebrew: Tools, Implementation and Experience (Hebrew) - Ms. Rachel Naparstek
- Teaching about the Holocaust through Narrative – (English) - Dr. Keren Goldbard
- Teaching Shoah through the Narrative of Lviv (English) - Dr. Tova Perlmutter
- Teaching Aggadah - Midrash, Talmudic Stories, Parables, and Sayings (English) - Dr. Rivka Raviv
- Methods of Teaching Talmud (English) - Dr. Tzvi Kanarik
- Teaching the Shabbat: Goals and Skills (English) - Taught by Rabbi Reuven Spolter
- Integrating Technology in the Cycle of the Jewish Year (English) - Dr. Elaine Hoter
In addition three courses will be offered in the General Studies Program:
- Teaching and Learning in the Information Age: An overview – Mr. Jay Hurvitz
- Children's Literature in the EFL Classroom - Dr. Vitela Arzi
- Digital Story Telling for Teaching Language Acquisition - Dr. Elaine Hoter
See a full listing of course offerings here.
Get registration form here.