Source: Jewish Early Childhood Education Leadership Institute (JECELI)
The Jewish Early Childhood Education Leadership Institute (JECELI) is recruiting participants for the third cohort. JECELI, a joint program of the Jewish Theological Seminary of America and Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in consultation with the Bank Street College of Education, has opened registration for the 2014 cohort. The program aims to provide new directors of Jewish early childhood education programs training in the skills they need to fulfill their task successfully.
The program includes:
- One orientation program in late spring
- Two weeks of study in NYC for two successive summers with educators from Bank Street College of Education, JTS and HUC-JIR
- One winter learning experience between summer sessions
- Continued learning and practice in your own school, with support via collegial technology platforms
- Interaction with a mentor and a mentoring group for intensive individualized support
The Leadership Institute is open to directors with less than five years' experience and to experienced teachers who aspire to leadership positions in the field.
Applications and reference forms are due in to JECELI by December 9, 2013
More information is available here.