The William Davidson Graduate School of Jewish Education and the Department of Hebrew Language at JTS are offering a unique opportunity in the summer of 2014 for 15 qualified day school teachers to enter a four week (June 30 - July 24, 2014) Hebrew immersion program geared for teaching Judaic studies (Limudei Kodesh) in grades K-12 – the Ivriyon.
By participating in Ivriyon, you will learn to:
- Create a Hebrew environment in your classroom
- Lead discussions in Hebrew with your students
- Write grammatically correct exercises and instructions
- Help students articulate ideas and feelings in Hebrew
- Converse comfortably with your Israeli colleagues
Ivriyon graduates will be assigned a mentor to assist them in applying their skills for teaching in Hebrew throughout the school year. The Ivriyon program is subsidized by a grant from the AVI CHAI Foundation and is cosponsored by the William Davidson Graduate School of Jewish Education. There is a $50 application fee, and $100 registration fee. Tuition is subsidized and out-of-town participants receive free accommodations in JTS dormitories.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until April 15, 2014
See the Ivriyon web pages for more information and application.