Source: Pardes Institute
The Pardes Center for Jewish Educators is offering two opportunities for day school Judaic Studies teachers in North America:
- Summer Curriculum Workshop - July 7-14, 2015; Pearlstone Center, Reisterstown, Maryland.
The Summer Curriculum Workshop is a highly-subsidized one-week professional development program for Judaic Studies teachers who teach grades 3-12 in North American Jewish day schools and who have been teaching for no more than four years.
Guided by experienced mentors, Summer Curriculum Workshop participants will:
- Develop curricular units for the upcoming school year informed and inspired by Jewish values and 21st-century learning principles
- Actively reflect on their past year of teaching
- Be exposed to and apply new educational initiatives in seminars, sharing sessions, Jewish text study classes and through modeling of pedagogic strategies
- Join an expanded, diverse and collaborative network of fellow educators
- Re-energize for the upcoming academic year
Tuition includes room and board, airport transfers, and all program costs.
Apply by April 1 - $650
after April 1 - $950
Discounts available for small schools and multiple teachers from the same school. Limited travel subsidies available.
- Aleinu Leshabe’ach: A Tefilah Symposium - July 8-13, 2015; Pearlstone Center, Reisterstown, Maryland
For innovative tefilah coordinators/administrators and facilitators with a minimum of four years’ experience
Join colleagues, tefilah researchers and leaders in the field for an intensive five-day working forum on tefilah in Jewish day schools.
• Bring yourself up to date on the latest tefilah research.
• Learn, reflect, experience, share and envision what could be possible for tefilah in day schools.
• Craft dynamic and effective approaches that will engage and inspire your school community.
Fully subsidized. Ten awardees will receive full grants for transportation, room + board and program participation. Apply by February 1, 2015. Awardees will be notified by February 15, 2015.