The Eli and Bessie Cohen Summer Institutes provide academic courses for exploring Jewish texts, building Hebrew language skills or improving teaching methods. Intensive courses allow for completing a semester of work within a condensed two-or four-week timeframe. The Jewish Special Education Institute and NETA Institute for Hebrew Language Educators offer focused coursework leading to completion of certificate programs.
Among the courses offered in various content areas:
- Teaching the Holocaust: A Course in Jewish History, Identity and Ethics
- Special Education for Jewish Settings
- Development of Spoken and Written Language: Implications for Jewish Special Education
- Curriculum Modification in Jewish Special Education: Diverse Teaching for Diverse Learners
- Courses for Certificate in Hebrew Language Teaching and Mentoring
- The Joseph Story through the Eyes of Classic Medieval Bible Commentaries