Source: Hebrew College
The Shoolman Graduate Shool of Jewish Education at Hebrew College, Newton Centre, MA, presents a workshop for Jewish educators at day schools and supplementary schools, led by Jen Glaser Director of the Engaging Texts Network. This four-day seminar (July 20-23, 2016) will cover many topics from the Philosophy for Children approach to education to inquiry-based learning. Using Philosophical Inquiry, a special kind of inquiry based learning, this workshop will explore what philosophy can offer students of all ages.
This Four-Day Seminar Will:
- Induct participants into the Philosophy for Children approach in Education
- Introduce participants to the pedagogical methodology of building Communities of Inquiry
- Prepare participants to implement this approach in their own classrooms and Jewish educational contexts (Day and Synagogue Schools)
- Introduce participants to a variety of curriculum materials that integrate the philosophical inquiry with Biblical text materials designed for primary middle and high schools
- Stimulate and expand participants’ experience of Jewish text and the process of interpretation
- Registration fee is $350 (includes kosher lunches and extensive materials).
- Commitment to all four days from 9:00 to 4:30 is necessary.
- A limited number of scholarships available.