Source: Aleph Society
On Sunday, November 20, 2016, Jews around the globe will unite “under the same sky.” The Aleph Society invites your community to register (it’s free!) and join us. We will examine Jewish texts to explore nature and nurturing, ecology and the environment, cycles and seasons. Over 500 communities have joined past Global Day activities worldwide, drawing participants from every point on the religious, communal and ethnic spectrum. Under the aegis of Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz, over 35 national and international groups are co-sponsors of the Global Day, together with the Aleph Society.
Participating communities receive the following resources free of charge:
- Curriculum materials for adults, middle school and elementary school children (available in English, Russian, Spanish and Hebrew).
- Early childhood family programming content in partnership with PJ Library
- A video class on the theme with Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz
- 24×24 – live broadcast of luminaries of Jewish learning from around the world
- A guidebook with tips on planning learning events
- Marketing materials and support
Communities will have opportunities to ask questions like:
- When does nature serve us and when must we serve as its caretaker?
- What are miracles: why do they upend the natural order?
- How can textual laws about tending to nature give us insight into our human relationships?
Individuals and communities are welcome to start learning about this theme any time on our Facebook page.