Souce: Jewish Telegraphic Agency
Over 3,000 federation lay and professional leaders from North America gathered in mid November, 2008 at the Binyanei HaUma international convention center in Jerusalem to attend the annual General Assembly (GA) of the United Jewish Communities (UJC). During the four days of deliberations, study tours, exhibitions, entertainment and formal and informal contact the cloud of global economic uncertainty and its effect on Jewish fundraising and philanthropy was the constant topic of conversation. The JTA has given the GA comprehensive coverage on its website.
Among the stories published in the special GA 2008 section of the JTA website:
- Financial Concerns Underscore the G.A.
- Israeli Candidates Stump Before U.S. Jews
- G.A. Organizers Reach Out to ‘Next Gen’
- Jewish Agency Chief Makes Knesset Run Official
- UJC Chief Addresses Challenges
- Olmert Gives Final GA Address as PM
The JTA website also contains links to other key GA resources: