Areyvut is currently seeking high school and college interns for Summer 2010. The internship program will run from June 7 through July 23 with the option to stay on after the completion of the program. The program will take place in the Areyvut office located in Bergenfield, NJ. Schedule accommodations for high school students and others will be made as needed.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on the following projects:
- Make a Difference Day 2011 - Educational materials, program development, outreach, program facilitation
- Jewish Teen Philanthropy - Educational materials, program development
- A Kindness a Day - Content development, outreach, marketing, format development
- Bnai Mitzvah Programming - Program development, educational materials, organizational outreach
- Event Planning - Marketing, organizational outreach, promotional materials
In addition to contributing to Areyvut programming, interns will join Areyvut staff on weekly outings to a variety of nonprofit organizations to listen to guest speakers and participate in onsite volunteering. It is hoped that the interns gain more of an understanding about nonprofit organizations by exposing them to these hands-on experiences.
Areyvut enables Jewish youth to infuse their lives with the core Jewish values of chesed (kindness), tzedakah (charity) and tikkun olam (social action).
A non-profit organization established in 2002, Areyvut offers Jewish day schools, educators, synagogues and community centers unique opportunities to empower and enrich youth by creating innovative and meaningful programs that make these core Jewish values a reality.