Source: Gratz College
Gratz Advance, Gratz College’s newest department, proudly offers an array of online courses for Jewish youth (5th – 12th grade) and educators. Our programs reflect Gratz’ long history as a pluralistic Jewish educational institution. We are eager to create programs for your population and have many models of partnership.
NEXT: New EXcellent Teacher Training Professional Learning Program for Supplementary School Teachers
Supplementary school programs must hire teachers with a complex patchwork of backgrounds and skills while living with budgets that lack healthy line items for professional development for those teachers. The challenge is how to provide the range – and depth –of learning needed to efficiently enhance our teachers’ knowledge and skills. NEXT addresses the disparate levels of experience in Jewish knowledge and educational pedagogy. We have enjoyed creating partnerships with different programs, central agencies and federations.
Online, asynchrous courses for Fall 2016 include:
- Tikkun Olam/Changing the World One Student at a Time
- Horror and Hope: Teaching the Holocaust
- Password to Prayer: A Literary Approach
- Problem-Based Learning: Students as Investigators
- Jewish Education Through Musical Play
- Boot Camp for New Teachers
- Jewish Essentials for Teachers
Three courses especially for Teen Educators:
- Talking Israel with Our Teens
- Brain-Based Education and Its Implications for Working with Jewish Teens
- Talking Tough Issues with Jewish Teens
JOLT: Jewish Online Learning for Teens
We are proud to offer a variety of high-quality, engaging Jewish Studies and Hebrew courses for 8th-12th graders.
Students from anywhere can join our worldwide classroom. All you need is an internet connection and a time commitment of 1-3 hours per week.
- Connect with other peers from all over the world
- Utilize this perfect complement to their busy schedule
- Fulfill high school foreign language requirements with our Hebrew program
- Enhance resumes and college applications with classes and certificates
– it is now even possible to earn Gratz’ popular Teaching Certificates online!
- Earn college credits while still in high school. (Juniors and Seniors only)
We have also just added Pre-JOLT Hebrew for 5th-7th graders, which is perfect for homeschooled middle-schoolers.
Gratz Advance is eager to hear the needs of Jewish educators and create innovative programs in response. Please contact Rabbi Erin Hirsh, Director of Gratz Advance, Dina Maiben, Associate Director, or Peter Eckstein, Technology Integration Educator, for more information or to explore a collaboration.