Source: Dah Bear
Legacy Heritage Fund is proud to announce the launch of the enhanced phase of Dah Bear, a free online tool which assists students in mastering Hebrew vocabulary. Dah Bear was released on a pilot basis at the end of the last academic year. Dah Bear contains over 1,200 word lists and is being used in the classrooms of more than 275 teachers in over 90 schools around the world.
In this new phase, Dah Bear has been redesigned for use by teachers with linkages to their classes and students.
Among the many new features, Dah Bear now includes:
- List creation for teachers to develop their own word lists or use existing lists and a word bank of Hebrew terms and definitions
- Teacher/Student interface for linking directly to lists and tracking student activity
- Search and share allows for teachers to search for lists by subject and topic, customize them for their own classes and to share lists among the community of educators using Dah Bear
This dynamic new educational online tool is intended for use by teachers and students in school and at home.
The new features will make Dah Bear easier for students to engage in the studying of Hebrew vocabulary words, phrases and sentences. Positive feedback about this dynamic new tool has been overwhelming; students and teachers alike have told us how much fun classroom and homework learning has become!
The original and popular features of Dah Bear include:
- Flash cards
- Word lists
- Interactive educational games
- Tests for assessing mastery