Source: Echoes and Reflections
Register now for our Echoes and Reflections Online Professional Development course in July! Echoes and Reflections is a multimedia Holocaust education program, of which USC Shoah Foundation,Yad Vashem and the Anti-Defamation League are founding partners. This program is intended for middle and high school educators who have not participated in an Echoes and Reflections program previously. The course is made up of three interactive learning modules, released over three weeks: July 11th-July, 2016. The program is being offered at no cost.
This program introduces learners to:
- Classroom-ready comprehensive print and online resources
- Sound pedagogy for teaching about the Holocaust
- Instructional pathways to help students learn about the complex history of the Holocaust
- Background information on the history of antisemitism
- Strategies to incorporate a range of primary sources, including visual history testimony, to classroom instruction
The program includes three interactive modules released over three weeks, approximately 6 hours to complete in total.
- Module I: Opens July 11, 2016
- Module II: Opens July 18, 2016
- Module III: Opens July 25, 2016
Participants receive a certificate of completion and copy of the Echoes and Reflections Teacher’s Resource Guide, and join a network of educators teaching about the Holocaust and genocide.
Echoes and Reflections delivers value to both experienced Holocaust educators who are supplementing their curricula and for teachers new to Holocaust education.
Click here for more information and registration.