Source: Gratz College
Gratz Advance, Gratz College’s newest department, proudly offers an array of online courses for Jewish Supplementary School educators. Our programs reflect Gratz’s long history as a pluralistic Jewish educational institution. We are eager to create programs for your population and have many models of partnership.
NEXT: New EXcellent Teacher Training Professional Learning Program for Supplementary School Teachers.
Supplementary school programs must hire teachers with a complex patchwork of backgrounds and skills while living with budgets that lack healthy line items for professional development for those teachers. The challenge is how to provide the range – and depth –of learning needed to efficiently enhance our teachers’ knowledge and skills. NEXT addresses the disparate levels of experience in Jewish knowledge and educational pedagogy. We have enjoyed creating partnerships with different programs, central agencies and federations.
Online, asynchrous courses for Winter 2017 include:
- The Jewish Life Cycle: Innovative Ideas for Teaching Our Traditions (4th – 7th grades)
- Art Works: Integrating the Arts in Supplementary Settings (all grades)
- Jews and Politics – How Can We Best Engage Our Teens? (8th – 12th grades)
- Addressing Special Needs Through at Jewish Lens (all grades)
- Putting the Hebrew Back in “Hebrew School” (2nd – 7th grades)
- Project-Based Learning: Making it Work in YOUR Classroom! (3rd – 7th grades)
- Jewish Essentials for Teachers
- Boot Camp for New Teachers (and those with minimal formal training)
- Hebrew Through Movement
Register and get more information here.