Source: Jewish Homeschooling
The First Torah Homeschooling Conference is geared towards providing support and encouragement to those who are already homeschooling, as well as to educate parents who would like to learn if homeschooling is a viable option for their families.
The conference will take place in Baltimore, MD on June 28, 2009, at the Park Heights Jewish Community Center. The conference will have two plenary sessions and parallel workshops.
Topics that will be covered at the conference will include:
- creative approaches for teaching Hebrew reading and writing
- teaching limudei kodesh
- different approaches to homeschooling
- the benefits of homeschooling and dealing with challenges
- socialization, marriage and homeschooling
- a veterans panel in which questions will be accepted from the audience
Workshops will be presented by recognized, experienced and accomplished speakers, homeschool veterans, and experts from the local community. They are designed to inspire, encourage, and teach. CDs of the conference will be made available for purchase at a later date.