Source: Jewish Social Action Month Ning
The Hebrew month of Heshvan – October 19-November 17, 2009 – has been declared Jewish Social Action Month. Whether you call it Tikkun Olam, social action, chesed, join thousands of Jewish organizations and individuals around the world of all backgrounds and affiliations for a month of unity through social action. Volunteer with children, rally for Darfur, clean up a river, feed the homeless, raise money for Sderot, paint a mural – or do whatever you are passionate about.
How can you participate?
- Get your friends and family together for a favorite cause.
- Have your organization or school endorse, support, or plan a JSAM event.
- Dedicate a volunteer activity in the month of Cheshvan to JSAM.
- Make a YouTube movie encouraging others to go out and volunteer.
- Join our Facebook group and do "a good deed a day" for 30 days.
- Spread the word around the world on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter…
Jewish Social Action Month (JSAM) is an initiative of KolDor, a global network of young Jewish leaders, the Office of the Prime Minister of Israel and socialaction.com to promote both social action and Jewish Peoplehood. In just three years since its launch, JSAM has evoked a remarkable response. Political support has come from the Presidents of both Israel and the United States of America, British parliamentarians, US senators and congressmen, Israeli Knesset members and others. A wide spectrum of Jewish religious leaders, major institutions, youth groups, communal organizations and many others from around the world endorsed the initiative and created exciting and widespread programs.
The JSAM Ning is the meeting place for JSAM activities, events and resources. Here you can learn what groups and individuals are doing to further social action during the month of Cheshvan and find ideas and learning resources to further your own projects.