Source: The Jewish Book Network
The Jewish Book Networ is a membership-based program of the Jewish Book Council. The Network currently has a membership of over 100 participating organizations that include JCCs, synagogues, Hillels, Jewish Federations, and other Jewish organizations that host Jewish book programs. Jewish Book Council provides Network members with resources for their book programs that include introduction to authors interested in touring to Jewish book events, advice from experts on topics that impact upon book programs, and the opportunity to network with colleagues.
The Jewish Book Network is a unique service designed to benefit Jewish communities who offer Jewish book programs, as well as authors and publishers. Even though the program arranges for authors to speak around the country, it is not a speakers' bureau. Rather, it is a membership organization that connects authors with Jewish audiences, and promotes Jewish culture through Jewish book events.
The Jewish Book Council formed the Jewish Book NETWORK in 1999 to serve as a central address for book programming. It functions on a year-round basis, although the primary focus remains on the Fall Jewish Book Month season. The Jewish Book Council assists with program suggestions and coordinates the speaking tours of more than 160 authors who travel country-wide during the Fall season and throughout the year. The Jewish Book Council annually prepares a book providing information about the authors on tour.
Your organization’s membership entitles you to:
- the opportunity to host the current year’s Network authors without an honorarium
- participate in the annual Jewish Book Network Conference held at the end of May (additional registration fee)
- order a set of the yearly touring authors' books (charge for shipping unless attending the conference)
- a reduced fee for BookExpo America through the JBC
- consultation with JBC staff on issues pertaining to book programs
- access password-protected resource center in the Network section of
the JBC website
- a subscription to Jewish Book World, the JBC’s quarterly book review
- a Jewish Book Month kit (includes Jewish Book Month posters and