The Brandeis secondary MAT program prepares Bible teachers for Jewish day schools, grades 7-12. In this program, students further their content knowledge by taking courses in Brandeis’ Near Eastern and Judaic Studies Department. Students concurrently learn about pedagogy and practice with Brandeis professors and master teachers at Gann Academy – New Jewish High School of Greater Boston and other local Jewish day middle and high schools.
The Secondary MAT/Tanakh Program offers:
- Full-time program of academic study and fieldwork, including a year-long mentored internship in Boston area day school
- Courses with great scholars and educators in Tanakh, Jewish studies and Education
- Close, personal supervision and coaching
- Generous scholarships
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree in 13 months
- Support in gaining teaching position upon graduating