Source: Brandeis University – Mandel Center for Studies in Jewish Education
The Elementary MAT Day School Leadership through Teaching (DELET) Program is a degree program that opens a door to day school teaching. DeLeT prepares recent college graduates and career changers to teach in the elementary grades in Jewish day schools. DeLeT is the Jewish Day School concentration of Brandeis University's Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree program. Students in the Elementary MAT (DeLeT) program earn a Master of Arts in Teaching in elementary education, and are eligible for initial teaching licensure (grades 1 - 6) from the State of Massachusetts.
DeLeT is a personalized and inquiry-based program where students work closely with outstanding faculty and fellow students in a cohort model. Research and practice, coursework and fieldwork are closely integrated.
- Two summers of study and a year-long mentored internship
- Small, personal learning environment
- Close integration of courses and fieldwork
- Help in getting placed as a teacher in a Jewish Day School
- Support during the first two years of teaching
- Membership in a growing alumni network
Tuition scholarships, generous stipends, and medical benefits are available.