July 1 - August 3, 2012
Source: Drisha Summer High School Program
High school students from around the world spend five weeks (July 1 - August 3, 2012) together, building their knowledge and friendships at Drisha Institute. Known as the Dr. Beth Samuels High School Program, it provides young women with an opportunity to immerse in the study of classical Jewish texts, including Tanakh, Talmud, Halakha and Philosophy. Students live together and engage in both academic and social activities throughout the month.
Sample Summer Class Descriptions:
- Talmud I and II – Tractate Megillah
- Nach Yomi: Five Megillot
- Rabbinics Elective I - Piyyutim: Biblical Commentary or Innovative Prayers?
- Jewish Thought Elective I - Biblical Responses to Crisis
- Halakha I and II: Whose Body Is It, Anyway?
- Talmudic Tales – Moral and Ethical Norms in Rabbinic Culture
For more information see the Drisha Institute website.