Source: Teacher Learning Project
The Teacher Learning Project Team at the Mandel Center for Studies in Jewish Education at Brandeis University has made available an Interactive Online Toolkit, a series of teaching modules. Each module focuses on one aspect of comprehensive, school wide induction. The exercises in each module are designed for use with school administrators or faculty who are interested in thinking deeply about how the current professional culture and structures in their school facilitate or hinder ongoing teacher learning.
The toolkit website is designed as a resource for anyone who is interested in the question, how can we make schools excellent places for teachers to learn and grow?
On it you will find a toolkit of practical, field-tested resources, including
- guidelines for creating effective new teacher induction in a school;
- a tool for assessing a school's current practice;
- teaching modules that will help strengthen every facet of induction, from hiring to supervision;
- practical resources created by leaders in our partner schools; and
- access to a network of like-minded professionals.
Learn more about the toolkit by attending a free, one-hour introductory webinar facilitated by project co-director Sarah Birkeland. You'll learn more about comprehensive induction, tour the website, and try out a sample tool.
Thursday, August 23, 3:00 pm - Register here: