Source: The Herzl Instiitute
The Herzl Institute in Jerusalem is pleased to announce an intensive summer Workshop in Theology and Philosophy of the Tanach for rabbis and Jewish educators to be held in Jerusalem, August 1-4, 2016. The Herzl Institute Tanach Education Workshop is for rabbis and educators teaching Tanach in adult education, campus or high school settings. The workshop will be conducted in English. Hebrew proficiency is required.
Accepted participants will receive a $1000 stipend, support for reasonable transportation costs to Jerusalem, and accommodations.
Lectures and discussions will focus on topics such as:
- “What Does Torah Teach Us About How Humans Should Understand God?”
- “Can We Teach Theology So It Speaks to Students and is Authentic to the Text?”
- “Why Did Our Forefathers Argue With God and Did They Change His Mind?”
- “Reason and Revelation”
- “Law, Narrative and How They Work Together to Make Torah”
- “Looking at Genesis-Kings as a Unified Story”
- “Human Creativity, Responsibility, and Leadership in Light of God’s Will”
- “What Does ‘Torah from Heaven’ Mean?”
Click here for more information and registration.