Source: The Paradigm Project
Once again we will gather together to #shifttheparadigm in Jewish early childhood education on May 7-9, 2017 in Waynesboro, PA. Are you ready to make a difference? Do you contribute your heart, your energy, and your time to #makingshifthappen? If so, we need you with us in 2017!
The Paradigm Project is a grassroots change initiative and growing network of practitioner-activists that seeks to multiply and nurture the seeds of excellence in Jewish early childhood education.
Some of the questions on our minds this year:
- Atelier: What does it mean and look like as an organizing principle for schools? What might this mean from a Jewish perspective?
- Nature education: What do we know about Hawkins' "Messing About" pedagogy? How can we engage faculty and children in this way of working?
- Leadership: How do we guide others? What kind of presence do we embody in our interactions?
- Storytelling: How does Jerome Bruner's quote "Stories are what we use to make sense of the world" impact our use of narrative in the classroom? How do we not only make literature come alive, but encourage children, families, and educators to tell their own important stories?
- How do we make #ShiftHappen in our schools and communities?
- What does excellence look like across the curriculum and across the country?
- How do we express Jewish ideals in the everyday life of our schools? How do we document and share our work?
- YOUR registration (and your prior feedback) guides the organization of the conference.
Get more information about the conference here.