October 31-Nov 1, 2009
This year, the National Middle East Language Resource Center (NMELRC) will offer its Seminar for College and K-12 Teachers of Hebrew on October 31-Nov 1, 2009, at the University of Arizona Tucson. The Seminar will be co-chaired by Shmuel Bolozky and Anat Maimon.
The seminar topics will include:
- Immersion in language leaching
- Second language acquisition strategies
- Language and literacy development
- Web-based audio-visual materials in the curriculum
- Teaching students with learning disabilities
Other presentations will offer some pedagogical solutions to issues of concern in the Hebrew classroom.
A limited number of stipends are available to qualified participants on a first-come-first-serve basis
Applications must be filed by October 1, 2009.