edJEWcon is an institute based on 21st century professional development where attendees can experience a Jewish day school in transition to become a dynamic 21st century learning environment. We are sharing a vision of teaching and learning that transcends physical boundaries and connects across geographic borders and time zones. edJEWcon is the first conference of its kind for the Jewish Day School community.
The conference practices the concept of 21st century professional development and learning environment it advocates and attendees will practice what they hear and see by doing. As part of the participatory nature of the conference, we are supplying each team with tools (iPad, iTouch, video camera) that will facilitate global connected learning, contribute to 21st century teaching and learning fluency, and start team members on the path of collaborative networking. We acknowledge that Jewish day schools need to chart a new course, not only by adopting and adapting a secular educational movement but positioning Schechter Day School Network schools, in particular, at the forefront of an exciting paradigm shift in education.
edJEWcon will be taking place at Martin J. Gottlieb Day School - Jacksonville, Florida on April 29 - May 1, 2012.
WHO should apply to participate at edJEWcon5772.0 and WHAT will you learn?
- Administrators – how to lead a cultural change in your school;
- Technology & Curriculum Coordinators – what innovation could look like and how to drive it;
- Admissions and Marketing Directors – how to convey a compelling message to current & prospective parents who want their children to have the best of 21st century education;
- Classroom Teachers – how to increase your students’ motivation and engagement in learning…and yours!
You must meet the following criteria to apply for edJEWcon5772.0:
- Your school must be in the Schechter Day School Network
- You are committed to send a team (3-5 members) consisting of a combination of the following positions (Head of School, Curriculum Coordinator, Admission’s Director, Marketing Director, Technology Coordinator, Classroom Teacher, open to other positions.)
Deadline to apply for edJEWcon is November 28th, 2011