The Pardes Center for Jewish Educators is offering two opportunities for day school Judaic Studies teachers in North America within their first six years of teaching:
Spring Forward Retreat - March 23-25, 2014; Capital Camps, Waynesboro, PA
Give your classroom skills a boost and rejuvenate yourself professionally.
The Pardes Center for Jewish Educators is offering an outstanding professional development opportunity for any Judaics teachers in their first six years of teaching. Teachers will choose a critical area to explore in more depth and immediately apply to their teaching.
- Intensive seminars covering key topics, including: classroom management, technology, hevruta and differentiation
- Best practice and critical issues sharing sessions
- One-on-one meetings with veteran teachers
- Networking opportunities with other novice teachers
Also open to Hebrew language teachers.
Summer Curriculum Workshop - July 25 - August 1, 2014. University of Maryland, MD
The PCJE Summer Curriculum Workshop is a highly-subsidized one-week professional development program for Judaic Studies teachers who teach grades 4-12 in North American Jewish day schools and who have been teaching for no more than four years.
Guided by experienced mentors, Summer Curriculum Workshop participants will:
- Develop curricular units for the upcoming school year informed and inspired by Jewish values and 21st-century learning principles
- Actively reflect on their past year of teaching
- Be exposed to and apply new educational initiatives in seminars, sharing sessions, Jewish text study classes and through modeling of pedagogic strategies
- Join an expanded, diverse and collaborative network of fellow educators
- Re-energize for the upcoming academic year
See the Pardes Institute programs page for more information and registration.