Source: RealSchool Blog
The Second Annual Frisch RealSchool Summer Sandbox is coming, July 21-13, 2014 at The Frisch School in Paramus, NJ. The Sandbox is a time for you, someone who is passionate about Jewish education, to get together with those who are like-minded in order to make a project you can implement in your educational setting. Our focus this year is on creativity: how to imbue it into the classroom; use it to redesign your courses; and make space for it in the larger educational setting.
Following is the schedule for the 2014 Summer Sandbox:
Monday, July 21
Day One: Creativity
- Welcome and Why? Why do we need more creativity in schools?
- Why begin with a question? - JEDLAB Book Club on A More Beautiful Question by Warren Berger
- The "What If?" Challenge
- How can Project-Based Learning (PBL) and Inquiry-Based Learning (IBL) unleash creativity in you and your students?
Tuesday, July 22
Day Two: Are You Game?
- Welcome and Introduction to Game-Based Learning
- Gaming Class
- How can I game my class?
- Rubrics 101: How do I grade in a creative and/or gamified classroom?
Wednesday, July 23
Day Three: Creating and Sustaining Culture Change
- Welcome and the Change Challenge
- Sandbox Session on Creative Change
- Goodbye and Next Steps
You may sign up for all three days of the Summer Sandbox, or individual days. If school leaders can only attend one day, we recommend Day Three.
For more information and registration, visit the RealSchool Blog.