Source: Yad Vashem
We want to offer you an in-depth ten-day seminar for Jewish educators in English on July 19th-28th, 2016 at Yad Vashem, Jerusalem, Israel. The International School for Holocaust Studies has developed this special seminar for educators to acquire the necessary skills to teach students of all ages about Jewish history and the meaning of the Holocaust for the present and the future, according to our age-appropriate and interdisciplinary methods. The seminar's costs are fully covered by Yad Vashem and include the seminar, a hotel, meals and tours in Jerusalem. The only expense of the teachers is the airfare and the transportation from the airport.
The 10-day Jewish Educators seminar includes:
- Workshops on adapting and creating age-appropriate, multi-disciplinary materials, programs, and memorial ceremonies. (Elementary-High School)
- Lectures from world-renowned researchers, authors, university professors, and Holocaust education pioneers.
- Addressing antisemitism and Holocaust denial, both in and out of the classroom.
- Meeting and networking with fellow educators from across the Jewish world.
- Familiarization with Yad Vashem’s pedagogical materials, lesson plans and online teaching resources.
Get more information about the seminar here.