Source: Bookjed Forum
Recently the Lookjed online discussion list of The Lookstein Center for Jewish Education published an excerpt from Torah Aura's new book, What We Now Know about Jewish Education - Brian Amkraut's "Jewish Education in the World of Web 2.0" which discusses some of the challenges and opportunities offered by modern technology and calls on the educators to become knowledgeable and familiar with a virtual world where so many of our students gather today. The essay inspired an online exchange between Jewish educators which is available for viewing and participation.
- Is today's Judaism truly a "user-generated Judaism"?
- How can educators help their students learn to evaluate the information to which they are exposed and help them understand the implications of "over-publishing" their own personal information?
- How can students learn to be creators and publishers of Jewish information and knowledge ?
- How can educators use web 2.0 tools to create Personal Learning Environments and Professional Development Communities?
- How can Jewish educators contribute to the creation of attractive collaborative social online environments related to Jewish content and identity?