InCiTE, a joint project of the New Center for Collaborative Leadership and the iCenter in cooperation with Makom, will teach a cohort of youth professionals to become part of the next generation of innovative Jewish educators by providing them with an opportunity to create exciting new projects within their organizations. Project experts in innovation, SIT - Systematic Inventive Thinking will train youth professionals to create a mindset of innovation and thinking differently to strengthen teen commitment to Israel and Jewish Peoplehood through the creation and implementation of relevant new models of engagement.
Project InCiTE will seek fellows from a broad range of organizations, including informal and formal settings from New York, Long Island and Westchester in addition to Chicago and other cities nationwide
- Preparation – August 2009
- Opening Retreat – August 23-26, 2009
- Planning - August 2009 - December 2009
- Israel Seminar – December 20, 2009 –January 3, 2010
(nine day seminar within these dates)
- Project Development – December 2009 - May 2010
- Presentation of Projects – May 2010 - Two-day presentation of the final projects to the community and potential funders.
Ongoing support, implementation, assessment, modification and documentation of the projects.
For general inquiries and application forms contact:
Debbie Seiden, Project Manager
Board of Jewish Education of Greater New York/SAJES