Registration is now open for the Paideia One Year Jewish Studies Program which offers a unique international Jewish studies experience during eight months in Stockholm, Sweden with the possibility of completing a Master in Jewish Civilizations degree at the Hochschule für Jüdische Studien in Heidelberg, Germany.
The Paideia One Year Jewish Studies Program Features:
- Academic studies of Jewish text and culture in English
- World-renowned faculty from Israeli and European universities
- Interactive text studies using the Hevruta method of studying in pairs
- Applied project work
- Networking in an open, international and pluralistic European environment
- Hebrew Ulpan 6 hours per week
- Optional second year of studies at the HfJS in Heidelberg
- Follow-up programs and conferences
Fellows receive scholarships including student tuition, student accommodation and a monthly stipend towards living costs.
Candidates should have the following qualities:
- Commitment to the renewal of European Jewish culture
- Intellectual curiosity and documented academic experience
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Prior study experience in Jewish texts or Hebrew is not required.
Paideia is a non-denominational institute of higher Jewish learning with an academic focus on textual sources. Dedicated to the renewal of European Jewish culture, Paideia is also an applied institute linking academic studies to action.