Ivriyon is now accepting applications for the 2015 summer Ivriyon Hebrew Immersion Institute for Day School Educators (June 29-July 23, 2015). The Ivriyon program strengthens the Hebrew language proficiency skills necessary for teaching in Hebrew by way of peer teaching, participant presentations, and textual study. Ivriyon is subsidized by a grant from the AVI CHAI Foundation and cosponsored by the William Davidson Graduate School of Jewish Education. Ivriyon is run in partnership with the Hebrew Language program at The Jewish Theological Seminary.
By participating in Ivriyon, you will learn to:
- Create a Hebrew environment in your classroom
- Lead discussions in Hebrew with your students
- Write grammatically correct exercises and instructions
- Help students articulate ideas and feelings in Hebrew
- Converse comfortably with your Israeli colleagues
Ivriyon graduates will be assigned a mentor to assist them in applying their skills for teaching in Hebrew throughout the school year. There is a $50 application fee, and $350 registration fee. Tuition is subsidized and out-of-town participants receive free accommodations in JTS dormitories.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until March 16, 2015.
For more information, visit the Ivriyon web pages.