Source: Hebrew College
The Shoolman Graduate Shool of Jewish Education at Hebrew College presents a workshop for Jewish educators at day schools and supplementary schools, led by Jen Glaser, the co-director of the Israel Center for Philosophy in Education. This four-day seminar (July 6-9, 2015) will cover many topics from the Philosophy for Children approach to education to inquiry-based learning.
This Four-Day Seminar Will:
- Induct participants into the Philosophy for Children approach in Education
- Introduce participants to the pedagogical methodology of building Communities of Inquiry
- Prepare participants to implement this approach in their own classrooms and Jewish educational contexts (Day and Synagogue Schools)
- Introduce participants to a variety of curriculum materials that integrate the philosophical inquiry with Biblical text materials designed for primary middle and high schools
- Stimulate and expand participants’ experience of Jewish text and the process of interpretation
Register for the seminar here.