Source: World Zionist Organization
We are pleased to announce that the World Zionist Organization is holding another professional development seminar in Israel in the area of Israel Education for educators from abroad who wish to enhance their expertise in the field and deepen their personal understanding of contemporary Israel. The seminar will run from December 21-28, 2015 (8 nights) and is open to all educators (formal and experiential, day schools, supplementary schools, etc.) who are committed to the importance of Israel in the development of Jewish identity. The program will consist primarily of interactive field experiences but will also include practical workshops, content-based sessions and opportunities for personal enrichment.
The Seminar will bring together educators from North America, South America and Israel and will be conducted in English and in Spanish with an option for sessions in Hebrew as well.
Participants will be required to pay a $150 registration fee and to cover their own transportation. All other costs (accommodations, program, most meals, etc.) will be covered by the WZO.
Please note that places are limited and suitable applicants will be accepted on a first-come first – served basis.
Leading program elements
- Framing the field - Alternative narratives and objectives for Israel education.
- Critical re-thinking - new ways and approaches to old sites and issues
- Back-to-the-basics - reclaiming and reframing the Zionist idea
- Practical workshops - A variety of personalized hands-on workshops, geared towards individual pedagogic needs for your own 'Israel education' work
You may have experienced some of the following, but probably not with a group of colleagues, collectively reflecting on the implications for your own educational work.
- Herzl Museum and Educational Center – Cutting-edge, interactive learning facility addressing the meaning and aspirations of Zionism today
- Neot Kedumim – including a Biblical lunch with Moshe, the first Israel Educator
- Shabbat in Tel Aviv –the 70 Faces of Torah in the historic neighborhood of Neve Tzedek
- Heichal Ha'atzmaut – the challenge of fashioning Israel as a Jewish and democratic state
- "Walk its length and its breadth" – pedagogic hike and text study
For more information and registration, see the seminar web page.