The RAVSAK Head of School Professional Excellence Project (HoSPEP) embraces the idea that rising educational leaders greatly benefit from mentorship and coaching by more experienced peers. RAVSAK carefully select PEP Fellows, talented and motivated new heads of school, and pair them with experienced Deans, who offer one-on-one advice and encouragement over the course of a year. Through this partnership, Fellows gain access to experienced, supportive leaders who understand what is needed to succeed and are prepared to guide them to lead their schools into a vibrant Jewish future.
By participating in HoSPEP, new heads of school can expect to:
- Better understand the culture and behaviors of excellent leadership specific to a Jewish day school setting.
- Work collaboratively, diminishing the sense of isolation that can be part of the HOS experience.
- Learn to create a spirit of collaboration and common goals across lay leaders and professional leaders, overcoming this divide that often troubles schools.
- Craft a model of Jewish leadership most relevant to their school community, with the guidance of your Dean.
- Be part of a powerful community of Jewish educators that bridges connections across generations and ensures continuity in learning experiences.
Applications are due May 15, 2016.
For more information and registration. See the HoSPEP web page.