The application period for the 2010/2011 one-year Jewish Studies Program at Paideia - the European Institute for Jewish Studies in Stockholm, Sweden is now open. Qualified candidates will receive tuition free studies as well as a stipend meant to free them from work while attending the program.
Paideia is a non-denominational institute of higher Jewish learning with an academic focus on textual sources. Dedicated to the revival of European Jewish culture, Paideia is also an applied institute enabling fellows to strengthen the Jewish voice in their home countries.
Paideia scholarships offer a unique experience consisting of:
- Academic studies of Jewish text and culture in the city of Stockholm
- Text studies using the traditional Hevruta method of studying in pairs
- World renowned faculty
- Networking in an international and pluralistic European environment
Candidates should have the following qualities:
- Commitment to the revival of European Jewish culture
- Intellectual curiosity and documented academic experience
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
No prior study experience in Jewish text or Hebrew is required.