Source: JTS - The Jewish Theological Seminary
Ivriyon is now accepting applications for the 2016 summer Ivriyon Hebrew Immersion Institute for Day School Educators (July 3-27, 2016). The Ivriyon summer institute prepares day school educators to teach Judaic subjects engagingly and effectively in Hebrew. The program combines intensive language immersion with powerful learning experiences to strengthen participating educators’ Hebrew language skills. The four-week program focuses on developing participants’ expressive skills through intensive communicative practice, writing, grammar review and vocabulary expansion.
At Ivriyon, educators will learn to:
- Teach their lessons in Hebrew.
- Create a Hebrew environment in their classrooms.
- Lead discussions in Hebrew with students.
- Write grammatically correct exercises and instructions.
- Help students articulate ideas and feelings in Hebrew.
- Converse comfortably with Hebrew-speaking colleagues.
After the summer immersion program, each participant will be assigned a mentor to work with throughout the school year.
Ivriyon is designed for day school teachers of grades K–12 and for graduate students of Jewish Education who plan to teach in a day school.
Participants should come to Ivriyon with an intermediate level of Hebrew.
For more information and registration click here.