Source: Paideia One Year Jewish Studies Program
The application period for the 2011/2012 one-year Jewish Studies Program the European Institute for Jewish Studies in Stockholm, Sweden is now open. Qualified candidates will receive tuition free studies as well as a stipend meant to free them from work while attending the program.
Paideia is a non-denominational institute of higher Jewish learning with an academic focus on textual sources. Dedicated to the revival of European Jewish culture, Paideia is also an applied institute enabling fellows to strengthen the Jewish voice in their home countries.
Paideia offers a unique international Jewish studies opportunity in Stockholm for:
- Students and Academicians
- Artists and Cultural Workers
- Professionals within Jewish Schools, Museums, Communities and Organizations
- Academic studies of Jewish text and culture
- World-renowned faculty from Israeli and European universities
- Interactive text studies using the traditional Hevruta method of studying in pairs
- Applied project work
- Networking in an open, international and pluralistic European environment
- Hebrew Ulpan – 5 hrs / week
- Follow-up programs and conferences
Candidates should have the following qualities:
- Commitment to the renewal of European Jewish culture
- Intellectual curiosity and documented academic experience
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
Prior study experience in Jewish text or Hebrew is not required. All classes are taught in English.